Monday, March 4, 2013

Breckenridge Brewery Vanilla Porter Ale

I've postponed some beer drinking previously, as I wanted to have the "perfect" beer review for my first blog. But, well, then we drank some of those "perfect" brews, and I still hadn't started my blog. So....today, I start my first real entry, with a cool, light porter we had in the fridge, BRECKENRIDGE VANILLA PORTER ALE. I tried this for the first time on my 30th birthday in Keystone, Colorado. This porter carries just enough sweet, without making it a cocktail. It has the perfect amount of vanilla if you ask me too (I don't recommend to people that don't like vanilla). I think it is fairly light for a porter, not quite as heavy as a stout. I think it is a great cold-weather beer. It might not be one to drink all night, but is a nice dessert, or after-dinner beer. You can find it at Spec's.

No comments:

Post a Comment